Skin peel or chemical peel is yet another fascinating skin rejuvenating technique used to enhance the skin’s texture, and promote fresh and healthy looking skin. It helps remove dead cells from the skin’s surface, improve the appearance of scars resulted from acne, sun damage, and blemishes. Skin peels also promote the production of collagen, enhance elasticity and skin firmness.
What are facial peels?
Facial peels help shed dull and damaged tissues from the surface of the skin. Your skin peeling solution will be applied over the surface of the damaged skin for a particular time after which it will be washed away. The advantage of skin peels is that it promotes the growth of new skin cells, resulting in improved complexion and texture.
Types of Skin Peel
We offer patients with a variety of skin peel options to choose from. Chemical peels can be broadly classified into light peels, medium peels, and deep peels. Light peels would address the skin-related problems in the outer most layer of the skin, whereas medium and deep peels would address skin problems within the deeper layer of the skin.
- It targets the outermost layer of the skin.
- Treat fine lines and blemishes.
- Uses Glycolic acid and Salicylic acid as treatment.
- Healing time would last only a week.
- It targets the epidermis and the upper dermis.
- Treats moderate wrinkles, scars, and discoloration.
- Treatment would involve using Trichloroacetic acid.
- Healing time would last a couple of weeks.
- It targets the deeper layers of the epidermis.
- It addresses deep wrinkles, scarring, extreme sun damage, and acne.
- Treatment involves the usage of Carbolic acid.
- Healing time would cover a couple of months.
Who would be an ideal candidate for a chemical peel?
The ideal candidate for a chemical peel would be patients who have a hard time battling severe cases of acne, sun damage, and skin discoloration. Our skilled doctor at Menlo Park, CA has the hands-on experience treating patients with such severe cases. We will advise you on the treatment that is best suited for your needs.
Request an appointment with Dr. Parravi at Menlo Park, CA today.